Selecting a technical writing services provider can be one decision that can determine the success of your business. And before you make such a critical decision, look at Five Reasons of why vhite:
- 9 out of 10: For any work that we complete, we do not rate it at 10 on a scale of 10. We know that we can always improve anything that we do, and it is a never ending process. So, if 9 is the maximum and we work on it, it is still 9. And, we are never short of 9 either.
- We do not take assignments that we cannot do: We politely say that we do not have expertise in it. For example, one of our clients asked us to do documentation in wiki. We excused ourselves saying that we have no experience in working on wiki though we were ready to take it as challenge.
- We, the people: The characteristic of our team is NEITHER Technical Expertise, NOR Creativity, and NOR Experience; rather IT IS Pride of being a vhite, and the pride is reflected in the smile that dots us with which we accept work, do the job, and deliver it while transferring the smile to our clients’ face, regularly, every time. Please see details of we, the people, here.
- Our Process: We have an extensive and well-documented documentation process and process adherence is A MUST for all vhites. If we see that we can ignore the last-minute revisions because it may be pushing the timeline by a few hours, we prefer to seek permission to get those few additional hours citing the benefits of those last-minute tangles, rather than ignoring it for the deadline. Inability to meet deadline is not the end of the world, compromise with quality may be the curtains for a product for a specific user.
- We Know Our Job:For example, if one of our clients reads a technical document as:
- In order is not required
- Using Must is incorrect. We do not enforce anything, there are polite way to communicate.
- Sentences ends inconsistently
- Enter is not a right word to use
- Using future tense is discouraged
- And so on...
Why Specialized Technical Writers
Many a times product owners or product development teams fail to evaluate whether a document fulfills the exact requirements of target audience. vhite understands that documentation is not merely providing words to information; it is a whole process to plan, structure and communicate the right message, accurately.
When the user refers to a document, what if one finds that:
- The instruction is not very clear
- Why is this Order Generation process repeated
- The Table of Contents does not show Manage Invoices
- How do I reset password in config file
- Oh, I cannot see that in Index either, there is no Glossary; I do not know what exactly Surcharge means?
You need specialized technical writers for these reasons.
vhite has technical writers that are actively associated with STC (Society for Technical Communication). The Director Operations of Technical Documentation, Vinish Garg has presented two papers at STC India Chapter Events.
- STC India Chapter Summit, Bangalore, May 2011: Starting a Technical Documentation Company
- STC India Chapter 13th Annual Conference, Chennai, December 2011: Passing The Baton
Our technical writing adds value to your product. Generally, a good technical document should be Clear, Complete, Correct, Concise and Consistent, and rightly so. Yes, we too take care of these; however, we add another element to give our customers that competitive edge. Our documentation is Crisp too. And you can feel the crunch when you read it. Please see some of our technical documentation work samples.